The digital world is an expansive place that is growing more and more competitive, thanks to COVID-19. What was once done on foot and in person is now being done through laptops and mobile devices, from the safety and comfort of the living room. Therefore, placing special attention on being “noticeable” and worthy of an article or blog feature is more important than ever before.
Of course, with such competition, how can a person standout? How can you ensure you are cutting through the noise in your respective industry? According to Amazon selling marketing coach Akemi Sue Fisher, being press-worthy is as much a mindset as it a reflection of one’s work and revenue.
“Too many people will doubt themselves and think that they are not worthy of press or mention,” said Fisher. “Especially the women I work with – I have to show them that yes they ARE press worthy and important. We all have to start somewhere. Getting yourself in the press is half a mindset battle.”
So how can you get yourself into the press? Better yet, why is being press-worthy important in general?
5 Reasons Why Being Press Worthy is Important
1. It Legitimizes Your Expertise: Whether you’re an eCommerce store owner or a life coach, having pieces of press available will show your respective clients that you are an expert and legitimate. Everyone is afraid they are going to get scammed online, which is why press will assuage their fears without the millions of questions.
2. It’s A Major Lifeline in a COVID-19 World: We aren’t congregating at networking events or clubs anymore. Instead, we are reading the articles that our friends share, post, or comment on via social media. These pieces of press may be the only way for you to reaffirm yourself and your expertise in this pandemic world.
3. It’s a Never-Ending Lead Funnel: Having pieces of press out regarding your name or brand will provide a never-ending source of leads. These articles are indexed and filed into Google, where people will find them if they ever do a quick search on your name. When these articles pop up 4, 5, or 6-years from now, they will still assuage those same fears for you.
4. It Will Set You Apart from the Competition: More businesses are going online than ever before to stay alive today. That means the competition is mounting. One of the easiest ways to outshine the competition is to have some shiny pieces of press right on your homepage. If newspapers and magazines are writing about your platform, then surely your business is superior to the competitors. That is what prospective clients are going to think.
5. It Will Improve Your Personal Mindset: Having press out is like viewing a trophy for your performance – it never gets old. Sometimes, you deserve to be recognized for all of your hard work. Ensuring that your business and mindset are press-worthy will create this feedback loop that inspires you every day to get up and give your best.
“Start believing that you ARE press-worthy; stop listening to the inner self-critic,” said Fisher. “Put your all into your businesses and let the rest speak for itself.”
Fisher is an Amazon and eCommerce coach, having closed out $2 billion in sales on Amazon alone. She is now providing her insight with prospective merchants looking to get in on the action.